So as I hit the final stretch of this pregnancy I have come across another emotion PARANOIA! I don't know if this happens to everyone or if I am just an exception but I am so paranoid lately. Being as this is my first time I'm sure the paranoia hits more and maybe the fact that I am a control freak and this is pretty much all out of my control at this point, but I may have also just lost my mind....
Top Paranoia Thoughts:
- We didn't have a baby shower before so we aren't prepared. (Silly I know!)
- Is that amniotic fluid or did I just pee my pants again? (This baby has a nice trampoline in there so that is most likely the answer!)
- I will never have enough cloth diapers. (In all reality I can just wash them and then I will have more, or if it is an emergency I can splurge for disposables....maybe!)
- Was that a contraction or just gas!? (My husband confirmed I was just super gassy last night...)
- If I forgot to take my prenatal pill every day will my baby turn out deformed?? (ummmm)
- Someone told me to get some depends for all the bleeding afterwards! (ummmmm!)
- I don't have any nursing bras yet....do I need em?
- Baby isn't as active as it used to be, is everything ok?? (Probably, there's just not much room in there anymore....right?!)
- What if I can't 'produce' enough milk? I will only formula feed as an absolute last resort.
- Will I be a good mother?!?? (I asked my husband this question and after many moments of silence he said yes....maybe not the most reassuring answer!)
I know a lot of these are so silly and people have said that it all works itself out after baby gets here but I can't help to feel all these crazy things!! I freaked out cause I didn't have one pair of baby socks and thought that might be the end of the world so I went and bought some....so now in the 80-90 degree weather when my baby is born, they will at least have warm feet LOL
Please tell me I am just being a paranoid first mom!!?