So I've been wanting to try out one of the many Tshirt scarf tutorials I've found on Pinterest. I found this one was the most simple and quickest. So I quickly grabbed a white shirt that had been sitting in a pile of clothes in my closet that will never get worn.
I followed the steps in the tutuorial by:
- First cutting the shirt below the armpits (straight across)
- Then cut the bottom hem off making a big tube
- I cut approx. 1 inch strips across on the fold from one end to the other, stopping about 2 inches from the other folded end
- You then pull the ends of each strip to stretch the fabric out
- Gather it all together at the joined end and take a small piece of the cut off hem to tie around and secure it.
Super easy and quick!! Here's my photos:
I have some (handmade) flower pins that I might put on to accent whatever outfit I'm wearing that day. I love it! I want to try some of the other various Tshirt scarves I've found on Pinterest, thrift store here I come!!!