Pages

Banner

Banner

9.04.2011

Meal 3 - Fake Em Out Ravioli Lasagna

So this was actually last night's dinner, I just didn't have a chance to write about it yesterday.  So I ended up making a lazy mans lasagna.  I got the recipe out of my Campbell's Cooking Companion cookbook which I must say  has a ton of good recipes in it!  So I decided to make the 'Fake Em Out Ravioli Lasagna. 

There's only a handful of ingredients...pasta sauce, ravioli, and cheese.

Ingredients

Serves: 6
  • Vegetable cooking spray
  • 1 (25.6 ounce) jar Prego(R) Italian Sausage & Garlic Italian Sauce
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 (30 ounce) package frozen regular size cheese-filled ravioli
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 2 tablespoons Grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
  • 2 tablespoons Chopped fresh parsley for garnish

Preparation method

Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 55 mins
1.
Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2.
Stir sauce and water in large bowl. Spread 1 cup sauce mixture in baking dish. Top with 1/2 the ravioli, 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 1 cup sauce mixture. Top with remaining ravioli and sauce mixture. Cover baking dish.
3.
Bake 35 minutes or until mixture is hot and bubbling. Uncover baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
4.
Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and parsley.

I used whatever pasta sauce I wanted.  The prep on this seriously took me like 5 minutes!  I found the best way to do the sauce since you mix it with water was I took a large (4 cup I believe) pyrex measuring cup and put the water in first and then mixed in the sauce.  Then when it says to pour 1 cup of sauce on the bottom of the pan it's super dooper easy to measure out!
I arranged the raviolis all nice and pretty :)
Then you just layer it like the recipe says.
Don't forget to put the foil on the pan!  I had put it in the oven and then re-read the recipe and had to quick take it out and cover it.  Then this is the yumminess that became dinner!
I then just made some quick garlic bread while this sat for 10 minutes.  Now my hubby said it was just ok, he's not a fan of red pasta sauce so I'm assuming that's what the main problem was as I thought it was good.  Nothing too exciting about it but it's tasty.  We both had seconds!  And it heated up nicely the next day for lunch!!

So all in all maybe not my best recipe so far but it was fast, easy and tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment