Pages

Banner

Banner

9.12.2011

Meal 6 - BBQ Beef Cups

So I promise I didn't fall off the face of the Earth!  I didn't cook anything for a couple days last week due to work and other things.  We had a rummage sale last weekend so my week last week was nutso!  I did get some cooking in over the weekend though and we found a couple new recipes that will be used again!  I made Barbecue Beef Cups for lunch on Friday and it just so happens they are the featured recipe today on www.allrecipes.com  They were super quick and easy and we gobbled them up!  My husband has requested these again already!! 

Ingredients: (I had started to brown the meat and almost forgot to take a picture!)

Ingredients

  • 3/4 pound lean ground beef
  • 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
  • 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
  • 1 (12 ounce) package refrigerated biscuit dough
  • 1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease the cups of a muffin pan.
  2. In a large heavy skillet over medium heat, cook beef until evenly brown. Drain excess fat. Stir in barbecue sauce and dried onion. Simmer for a few minutes over low heat.
  3. Flatten each biscuit, and press into cups of the prepared muffin pan. Make sure the dough comes to the top of the pan. Spoon a portion of the meat mixture into each dough cup.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, and bake for 3 more minutes.
I obviously used dried onion once again instead of a real onion.  The biscuits were kind of hard to form in the cupcake pan, I may try jumbo biscuits next time.  And then I didn't measure the BBQ sauce when I added it to the meat.  I just eyeballed it cause I wanted them pretty saucy.  I'd say it was probably closer to 3/4 cup. 

Before cooking:

After cooking:

YUM!!  I may try taco cups next time by adding taco seasoning to the meat and using Mexican cheese.  Topping with sour cream and salsa maybe...


No comments:

Post a Comment