Pages

Banner

Banner

9.14.2011

Meal 7 - Buffalo Chicken Calzones

So I made these at the same time I made the BBQ Beef Cups.  These were SOOOO easy!!  Since it made about 8 calzones I froze them for a quick meal.  Ok so on to the recipe!

Once again I got my recipe from the Once a Month Mom website....I promise I'm not addicted...ok maybe I am!  She just posted a recipe today that I have been looking for for about a year!!!!  Sooooooooo excited for it!
Ok on to this one though :) The Buffalo Chicken Calzones are oh so yummy....

Ingredients:

  • 0.5 cups ranch dressing
  • 3 Tablespoons hot sauce (or your favorite buffalo wing sauce)
  • 1.33 cups celery, diced
  • 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 batch of homemade pizza dough (or 2 cans refrigerated pizza dough)
  • 4 Tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • .25 cups Parmesan cheese

Directions:

If making your own pizza dough, mix and allow to rise. When pizza dough is ready, roll into a 2 14×17 sheets (approximately). Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cut into fourths with a pizza cutter. In a medium bowl mix together chicken, ranch dressing, hot sauce, celery and Mozzarella. Place chicken filling on each of the 8 squares of dough. Fold the dough over and pinch/seal the ends.
Place calzones on a cookie or baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic powder and Parmesan cheese. Place in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until baked and golden brown. Remove and serve.

Freezing Directions:

Follow all directions above including baking. Set aside to cool or flash freeze. Place in gallon size freezer bags and freeze. To serve: Remove and reheat in microwave for 1-2 minutes or in oven for 10 minutes. Serve.

So I ended up using canned chicken for convenience.  I used about 2 large cans worth, but I measured it in a measuring cup.  And then I didn't have mozz. cheese so I used colby jack and it tasted just fine. 

I mixed all the 'innerds' together:

Then I just used canned pizza dough, rolled it out, and cut it into 4 sections.  I plopped some mixture into each section.  I do kind of wish I would have rolled out both cans and did the insides all at once because my first batch wasn't stuffed as much as I could've done and my second batch was almost over stuffed because I had to use up the chicken mixture. 

Then you just fold corner to corner and make a triangle.  I then rolled and pinched the ends shut.  Be careful not to tear the dough!


Then you just bake!!!  Super dooper easy and they look kind of fancy!


We froze em and just warm em up in the microwave.  I dip mine in ranch and it is sooo yummy!!!  I will definitely be trying different fillings now that I know how easy it is to make calzones!!

No comments:

Post a Comment