Yummm this is one of my favorite recipes. It's good comfort food for us in this house. And I'm a sucker for a slow cooker meal! This recipe comes initially from one of my FAVORITE recipe websites, http://www.allrecipes.com/
Here is the link to the actual recipe: Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
And then these are some of my modifications I make:
- Use 2 cans of Golden Mushroom Soup, more sauce and make sure to use the Golden Mushroom, the flavor is just right for this recipe.
- Add a beef bullion cube
- Add a spoonful of sour cream
- I use dried chopped onions opposed to an actual onion as neither of us are big on onion flavor
- I saute mushrooms about a half hour before it's done and add them in.
- Cut the time to only about 5-6 hours at the max on low heat
So here are all my ingredients: