Pages

Banner

Banner

9.04.2011

Meal 4 - Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff

Yummm this is one of my favorite recipes.  It's good comfort food for us in this house.  And I'm a sucker for a slow cooker meal!  This recipe comes initially from one of my FAVORITE recipe websites, http://www.allrecipes.com/
Here is the link to the actual recipe: Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
And then these are some of my modifications I make:
  • Use 2 cans of Golden Mushroom Soup, more sauce and make sure to use the Golden Mushroom, the flavor is just right for this recipe.
  • Add a beef bullion cube
  • Add a spoonful of sour cream
  • I use dried chopped onions opposed to an actual onion as neither of us are big on onion flavor
  • I saute mushrooms about a half hour before it's done and add them in.
  • Cut the time to only about 5-6 hours at the max on low heat
So here are all my ingredients:
I put the meat, soup, Worcestershire, dried onions, bullion cube, cream cheese and sour cream all in my slow cooker.  I used a 4 quart size and it was just fine.

I would check on it occasionally, unfortunately after only probably about 3 or 4 hours it was boiling and starting to burn in my crockpot so watch it carefully!!!  I actually just turned it down to warm and left the cover slightly ajar to cool it a little while I sauteed the mushrooms.
Mmmm how I love sauteed mushrooms...I can practically smell them!!!  Once those were done I just mixed them in with the rest of the stuff.

Then right before we were gonna eat I made the egg noodles to serve with it.  I made about half a bag whatever that is! LOL I boiled them for only about 5 minutes so they didn't get too mushy.  I then just dumped them in the slow cooker.  Sometimes I leave them so people can dish their own noodles and sauce but then you always run out of one or the other!
I mixed them around and did put the cover back on just for a couple minutes for the noodles to soak up some of the sauce!  Yum!
Then we scooped it into bowls and put another dollop of sour cream on top. 


We gobble this stuff up.  My hubby and I are suckers for mushrooms (as you're probably finding out!) and you can't get better than some good hearty food!
We had a ton left over, we both wanted seconds but were stuffed after our first helping.  So we now have enough for lunch tomorrow and then some!

This will always be a go to recipe for us, it's nice on a chilly night which tonight was!  Fall is coming fast!  I hope you try out this super easy, yummy meal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment